SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, March 19, 2018

"I keep meaning to post, but..."

If I had a dollar for every time this thought passed through my mind, I would have a piggy bank that was busting at the seams. Alas, no such reward has been distributed and the posts don't appear by themselves. But rather than beat myself up for the 2017 "new years resolution" of posting more, I will find comfort in the thought that there is no time like the present to create the habit of writing down my feelings to the word and publicly expressing too much information!

All of that being said, my last post expressed my hope for the new beginning and "clean slate feeling" that was created by having Hadley. Because becoming a mother offered a completely different outlook on my life, one that I had never been able to experience before. Her arrival came with a great amount of joy, yet also anxiousness and tension. I knew that God was working mightily in my life, but now that I have the gift of hindsight, I continue to be amazed at how much my life has changed in the last 9 months. It is not a happy story and there is very little that I ever wish to relive, but the grace that God extended me has changed me and I will forever be reminded of the life that He saved me from.

So...2017's "clean slate" turned out to be nothing compared to 2018. It has been a busy year so far, as Hadley and I create our life with just the two of us (as a smaller family) and navigate whatever lies ahead. Things are quite different from a year ago, but I fervently hope that I can become more diligent at recording events through this blog. They will serve such a great purpose when I am able to look back upon them.

More to come...


No comments :

Post a Comment